No matter how delicious our free range turkeys are, sometimes it’s just a little too difficult to finish it all in one go!
But don’t you worry, we have the perfect solution.
With every order, we’re sending out a Simplycook Balinese Turkey Curry kit for free!
Now you can turn those leftovers into a delicious and easy to make feast for Boxing Day, making sure that nothing ends up going to waste.
What you’ll recieve in the kit:
- Garlic coconut paste
- Balinese paste
- Balinese garnish
All you need is:
- 400g of leftover turkey meat
- 1 onion
- 400ml of coconut milk
- 250g of green beans
- 240g basmati rice
- Olive oil
- 50g of cashews (optional)
Now, how to transform your traditional Christmas meat into a delightfully exotic curry:
- Make the rice
- Pour 500ml of boiling water into a lidded saucepan and add the rice. Bring to the boil, then reduce the heat to low, cover, and simmer for 12-15 mins, or until the rice is cooked.
2. Create the base
- In another saucepan heat 1 tbsp of oil over medium heat and gently fry the onion for 4-5 mins.
- Add the Garlic Coconut Paste and stir quickly through the onion.
3. Add the Indonesian flavours
- Add the Balinese Paste, stir well and cook for 2 mins.
- Now add the green beans and the coconut milk.
- Half fill up the empty coconut milk tin with water and pour into the pan. Mix well and bring to a gentle boil, then turn the heat down to medium-low and simmer for 8 mins.
4. Finishing touches
- Tip in the chopped leftover turkey and sprinkle in the Balinese Garnish to the pan and simmer for 2-3 more mins.
- Serve the rice into bowls with the curry on top. Sprinkle with chopped cashew nuts and get stuck in!
And that’s it! Easy, hey? So why not order one of the finest tasting free-range turkeys from us to delight your friends and family on Christmas Day and beyond.
So rest easy knowing that even if you order a turkey that’s just too big to handle in one sitting, you’ll be able to make something irresistibly delicious to enjoy with the leftovers.