When you decided to order turkey for your family Christmas dinner, you didn’t quite anticipate that you may have ordered a little too much!
Often times, regardless how big you think your appetite will be at Christmas, a full turkey along with the rest of your Christmas feast turns out to be too heavy for you and the family to get through in one sitting!
Not to worry, here at Morton’s Traditional Taste we actually prefer for there to be some mouth-watering leftovers for the next day. Besides, who doesn’t like to savour their food, eh?
Now you can take what remains and turn it into a delicious boxing day treat, meaning you get to continue to enjoy the great taste of Christmas leading up to the new year.
So what better way to indulge into the incredibly flavoursome left-overs than to turn it into a delicious turkey panini?
Here is all you need to know:
• Left-over turkey meat
• Freshly Baked Ciabatta
• Mr Hugh’s Garlic Infused Rapeseed Oil Mozzarella
• Sea Salt
• Mixed Leaf Salad
• Baby Tomatoes
• To start, slice your freshly baked ciabatta evenly in half with a bread knife.
• Turn on your grill to 180C and place the two slices of ciabatta under the grill freshly cut side up for 4 minutes.
• Take these out once they are slightly golden.
• Place the two halves of ciabatta with the freshly cut side up on your work surface and drizzle with Mr Hugh’s Garlic oil to your taste, followed by a sprinkling of sea salt.
• Then take your mozzarella and slice 4 thick pieces, then place them on top of your ciabatta.
• Place back under the grill for a further 5 minutes allowing for the mozzarella to fully melt.
• Whilst the mozzarella is melting, slice up once half of your avocado into smaller slices, along with your baby tomatoes, ready to place onto your bread.
• Once the mozzarella is fully melted, remove your bread from the grill and apply your avocado and tomato.
• Following that, add as much or as little left-over turkey meat as you please and garnish with baby leaf salad.
• Place your two halves of ciabatta back together, slice in half and enjoy.
And there you have it! Your perfect Turkey panini, ready to be enjoyed throughout Boxing day as you continue to enjoy the festivities.